Friday, February 20, 2009

"My work is a game, a very serious game." - MC Escher

Stumbled across this quote today. I thought it very fitting for me, especially as of late. Coincidentally I am reading about Escher, and dabbling in some art. I have felt very uninspired lately in my two usual forms of expression (music and computer programming). They have just been falling flat lately for me. Then I thought, "hey what about all that blogging youre trying to do that never gets off the ground." And I had an epiphany: Ive been uninspired by the monotony and repetition and downright work I've been trying to accomplish. Ive lost sight of whats important. The game. By that I mean the fun i usually have when trying to figure something out.

I came across an iphone app called Brushes due to an article in Wired. I thought it looked interesting, but then I started using it. It was fun! Downright fun. I dragged my finger across the screen and this great brushstroke appeared. Next I knew I had a picture. Next the picture looked good. It was great, and then I looked up and saw this quote. Its about the game, the fun of the process. Thats what really counts, and thats where the inspiration lies.

Maybe I'll post the picture, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment